Using proxies on IPhone/IPad
iPad/IPhone allow you to set specific network settings on per WiFi SSID basis. This allows you make proxy settings on each WiFi and it is convenient if you move the device between locations, since each location will have a unique WiFi SSID.
- Launch the Settings app
- Select "General" on the left pane, then Network on the right pane.
- Select "WiFi" to change settings for the WiFi connection.
- Press on the blue icon with the right arrow in it and you'll then get the settings for that network
- Select "Manual" under "HTTP Proxy"
- For the "server", input the IP you have been assigned by our system and, the same applies for "Port". Your proxies are delivered as PROXY_IP:PORT_NUMBER like for example 220.127.116.11:0000 so in this example 18.104.22.168 would be the IP and 0000 would be the port number
- Browse to www.whatismyipaddress.com or www.ip2test.com to check that it shows the IP of your proxy as being your own