Using username/password proxy authentication on Windows 7 and VISTA
As of May 9th 2011 this procedure is no longer required, if you are still being asked for username/password over and over again make sure you are using the correct username and password case sensitive and contact support
Our proxies use NTLM v2 authentication to authenticate username/password requests so if for some reason IP authentication is not feasible for you and you need to use username/password authentication on either Windows Vista or Windows 7 you will have to enable NTLM v2 on this Windows flavors.
Windows XP works by default with NTML v2 so no settings are required.
Windows 7 Started and Windows 7 Home1. Go to Run, Type Regedit and open this key:
2. If it doesn’t exist, create a DWORD value named
3. Set the value to 1
Windows VISTA, Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate1. Go to Administrative Tools >> Local Security Policy >> Local Policies >> Security Option
Change "Network security: LAN Manager authentication level" to "LM & NTLM - Use NTLMv2 session if negotiated"
This will allow you to also connect on other devices on your network runing Windows XP, Samba servers or Older Windows computers.
Proxy FAQ you might be interested in
- Are your proxies good for posting on Craiglist?
- Can I get say 1000 private proxies from you?
- Do your proxies unlock hulu?
- Do you provide proxies on port 80?
- Which is the best proxy?
- How many cities / locations can select to have my proxies hosted in?
- If I order a proxy, is it completely private for my own personal use and not shared?
- Where can I find my proxy IP and port?
- Setup time
- Do your proxies work on ticketmaster?
- How and where do I set the locations for my proxies?
- Do you provide IPs from different C classes?
- When do the IPs of my proxies change?
- Is there a maximum number of connections allowed?
- Are any ports blocked or are there any restrictions with your proxy service?
- Do your proxies work as Siri proxies / IPhone 4S proxies?
- I have no proxies in my account why is that?
- How come I haven't received my membership information within 30 minutes?
- Why may my proxy be showing in other location than shown on the website?
- Do you provide SOCKS proxies?
VPN FAQ you might be interested in
Video tutorials you might be interested in
- Using Proxies with Google Chrome
- Using Proxies in PHP scripts
- Using Proxies with Firefox
- Using Proxies for Silkroad
- Using Proxies in Social Bookmarking Demon
- Using Proxies with IE Proxy Changer
- How To set and use Proxies in Google Chrome
- Configurar Proxys do tipo Socks no InternetExplorer
- Using Proxies with Firefox 3.5 and up
- How To set and use Proxies in Safari v5.1.4
- Using proxies in Avant Web Browser
- How To set and use Proxies in Senuke X